Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 3 Update

Things are going phenomenally well with Marin. She is such a spunky, sweet, funny girl. We are all so in love with her. She has got some attitude as well, which is great to see! This afternooon, the kids were playing Uno, and I had to reshuffle the deck, so I asked her for her cards. She looked them over, pulled out the 2 Wild cards, smiled a big cheesy smile, put them behind her back, and gave me the rest.....haha! She is awesome!

Today was a good day. Lots of down time, which the kids appreciated. After breakfast, we headed to the back gardens where all of the huge koi are, and fed them for about an hour. Marin absolutely loves this. I think one got her finger today! She giggles the entire time we are out there. We got them all jump ropes and they did that for an hour or so. The only paperwork we had to do today was at the local police station, where we applied for Marin's passport, and received the official document that announces that Marin is ours forever. Once we were finished there, the kids wanted to go back to the gardens to see the fish. Our guide, Elvin, stayed with us. He has been so wonderful, talking to Marin and letting her know exactly what is happening. And also teaching us more about the area.

It has been so much fun getting to know other families here. There is a couple adopting their 4th child, a 13 year old boy. He is so sweet and is loving having a family. Lots of families with toddlers. It's been great.

Marin is starting to feel more comfortable repeating English back to us. If I want her to repeat, I say "EE-Chee-Shwa", and then whatever I want her to say. She tries her best, then bursts out laughing. She doesn't think her English is good, so I guess doesn't feel comfortable using it often. But today, she was able to repeat all of her siblings names, and brother, sister, chair, table, and pee pee ;) She was trying to tell me she had to go to the bathroom, but I had no idea what she was saying, so I asked our guide and she told him....haha....I told her "pee pee". And she laughed and repeated it. I think she may remember that one! Also want to mention that she has a deep voice. Not what you would expect from this tiny little girl. She reminds me of Punky Brewster :) She is tough and sassy, but also sweet and silly and lots of fun to be around. She walks with a swagger even....haha.  Have I told you how much I adore this child? She is amazing.

I will leave you a picture of some of the koi at feeding time. Have a great day everyone. It's bed time here in Guangzhou.

1 comment: