Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday, Day 8

We are ending our 8th full day here in Guangzhou. Only 2 more days here before we head to Hong Kong. I do love it here, and honestly, I am not ready to leave the city. There is just something so comforting here. But, I have a few people at home who are very anxious for us to get back, and considering how much I love them, I guess I will head home when I am suppose to :)

After breakfast this morning, we headed over to the medical clinic to have Marin's TB test read. It was negative. We were in and out quickly, and then took a bus over to an area called the Pedestrian Street. We had squid on a stick, covered in some spicy pepper sauce. It was very good! A funny thing happened while in this area. A woman was standing in the center of the square with a baby bunny on a leash. Of course, my kids ran over and started loving on this bunny. The woman was holding a bowl like maybe she was a begger ands using the bunny to get people to give her money. So, Jef gave her a few yuan, and as Kyle was snuggling the bunny, she walked away! I was like, no, come back!!!! I kept telling our guide we are not taking this bunny! He didn't seem very concerned, and I was getting very worried about this bunny. Corinne thought maybe we could take it home. Not happening, sweetheart :) Our guide got her back and we handed the bunny to her and took off. Disaster averted.

We stayed in this area for the better part of the day, and then headed back to the hotel. And you guessed it, fed the fish and played with the raquets and balls. The tennis courts were locked today, so we had to get creative :)

Tomorrow is our consulate appointment and our paperwork is officially done. A huge and final step in this adoption process. It really has all gone so smoothly. This child is phenomenal. Wait until you meet her. I am incredibly lucky to be her momma. I will always be grateful for the opportunity to raise her.

The pictures are not loading, so I may have to wait until I get home to put them up. I will try again later, but for now, the blog shuts down whenever I try. Have a great Monday everyone! xoxoxoxo

Abbey - Thank you for the note you left me. I miss you and I have been thinking about you. I got you a couple of things while we were out. I can't wait to see you!  Love, Corinne

Hannah - I miss you. I want you to come over when we get back. I love China! I love to look in all the stores here. I ate squid on a stick today. Marin is so much fun. You will really like her. I miss you. Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment